From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

converting string data to jpeg

@muniraj wrote:

in external system(windows xp) image data deviding into fragments and each fragments sending in different time intervals through udp protocol, iam able to recieve the data in different time interval and i used write to binary file (here whatever data saved previously going to be deleted ) and iam unable to reconstruct the image (if i use write to file with EOL i can get image data with distortion).

Windows XP does not send image data, some program running on Windows XP apparently does. Who wrote that program? Is it written in LabVIEW? Why does it send it in chunks instead of all at once? Does it use any well known protocol or just lowlevel UDP?

Why are you deleting the previous data? Shouldn't you append to the file?

We are unable to help if you keep spoonfeeding us tiny bits of redundant information at a time.

As requested many times, Show us your code for both sides!

This really has nothing to do with the content of the binary data or file. The communication program does not even need to know that it is an image. Why don't you try it with test data where you know the bytes? Why don't you do a binary comparison of the original and received data to see where the corruption occurs?

UDP is a stateless protocol and packets can be lost or arrive out of order. Your code needs to be able to deal with that. 

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 24
(1,021 Views)

Can you provide us the original image? From the image data the image size is 480X396, is that the same as the original?

Have you tried with another image (standard jpeg not edited in Photoshop)?

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 24
(1,002 Views)
Image data sending through vb program in windows xp,that data I'm receiving and constructing as a image,whole receiving and saving info file I'm facing problem like when I'm going to save new data (one part of fragment) previously saved data which is also part of image data going to be deleted.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 24
(969 Views)

@muniraj wrote:
Image data sending through vb program in windows xp,that data I'm receiving and constructing as a image,whole receiving and saving info file I'm facing problem like when I'm going to save new data (one part of fragment) previously saved data which is also part of image data going to be deleted.

This is pure gibberish. Can you add some punctuation marks?

You need to start a new file with the first segment, then append the later fragments to the existing file.

You still haven not shown us the code that receives the data segments and saves them to a file.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 24
(960 Views)