From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

convert output buffer format to text

Solved!
Go to solution

I received an ASCII output from a signal source analyzer that I would like to convert to a readable text format. In the attached vi (LV2009) the read buffer string control contains the data I'm receiving and I put a free label on the front panel that contains the expected output. When I typecast to an array of single I got the good values but every 3 values I got a number that is probably a conversion of a return character. I could sort the array to convert the number to string and every third value to \r\n but it seems a silly way to solve this. There must be an easy way to do it. Any idea?

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,526 Views)

Edit: Missed convert to text part.

RemoveEvery3rd.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,522 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ben64

As an added bit of fun, I originally wanted to do this:

CompileError.png

A little annoying that the Build Matrix function does not deal with SGL, but for some reason LV9 throws this at you:

CompileWarningBox.PNG

Consider this my report to NI Tech Support.

Adding a coercion to DBL before Build Matrix kind of defeats the purpose, but fixes the problem.

Message 3 of 4
(2,515 Views)

Thanks Darin, by adding the coercion to double I got the expected result format.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,488 Views)