LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

convert boolean numbers into waveform

i am using PXI 7833R  and generate a clock using loop timer. I want to use a wave indicator to show the clock. However the output is a boolean number, I am wondering if there is a VI or something that can wave out the boolean value.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,632 Views)
You could use Boolean to (0,1) from the boolean palette. It will give you a one for true and a zero for false.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,627 Views)
how to wave the 0,1 out ?
like a normal digital wave form
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,626 Views)

Hello,

I assume that you are talking about the need to display your data in the form of a digital waveform.  In LabVIEW you can plot digital waveforms on a Digital Waveform Graph much like other waveforms.  Remember, with a graph, you are not plotting updating points, so if you would like to keep a history of previous values you will need to continually append your new data points to the existing ones and redraw the graph.  I recommend starting out by examining the examples for Digital Waveforms in the NI Example Finder (Help->Find Examples->Fundamentals->Charts and Graphs).

Thanks for posting, and please let us know if you have any other questions, or you would like to see some more examples.

Regards,

Travis M
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,604 Views)