LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

convert Word document into HTML document

Hello,

I require an idea to accomplish the conversion of a .doc (word file) to .html (HTML file) in LabVIEW.

I am working on a project in which i am having reports being generated after each test case execution.

The data after the each test is meant to be appended in the corresponding report.

I just want to convert the .doc file  to .html file for only display purpose as this is a requirement.

I dont want to use any kind of converters in this.

I have to do some calculations and modifications in the report before saving it,  that's why i am thinking in this way as i had come to know that this is possible in LabVIEW.

Can someone help me in this regard.

Thanks & Regards,

Samriddh Sarbalhi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,855 Views)
Since you already create word docs, you would have to use the "Save as" method of the MS Word API to save the loaded word formatted doc into a html formatted one.
Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,851 Views)

Hi,

Can i do this programatically using LabVIEW VI's.

Thanks & Regards,

Samriddh Sarbalhi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,837 Views)
Worst case you woud have to create your own set of VI's to handle the task implementing the functions of the MS Word API.
Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
Message 4 of 6
(3,831 Views)

samriddh wrote:

Hi,

Can i do this programatically using LabVIEW VI's.

As noted, you need to access the Microsoft Word ActiveX server using the LabVIEW ActiveX functions. There are several examples that ship with LabVIEW (Help -> Find Examples) on how to use ActiveX. You can also search the NI site. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,812 Views)

here are some c# source codes on how to convert word to html for you. hope this can help you on your project.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,993 Views)