From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

controls not active on front panel after sub vi opens

Solved!
Go to solution

hello,

when the case is true the loop is stopped and the vairable passed to the shift register to determine the next state to go into. 

i didnt realise the image I had uploaded showed the false case. (I guess i don't really need to wire any vairables here just use default if unwired for the terminals?)

If i use execution highlighting i can see that the program leaves the Stop Rec state and goes into the Recording state when the relivant button is pressed.

I would like to upload the main VI for you to have a look at, but i would have to get my boss to OK it, and as i work for a security firm I doubt he'll allow it!

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(820 Views)

Goomba79 wrote:

when the case is true the loop is stopped and the vairable passed to the shift register to determine the next state to go into. 

i didnt realise the image I had uploaded showed the false case. (I guess i don't really need to wire any vairables here just use default if unwired for the terminals?)

The string defined in the false case will never leave the inner event loop, so why is it even defined? You could write "dinosaur" in there and nothing would change. The output will be the string generated in the last event that stops the inner loop, never from the code shown.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(810 Views)

hello again,

i know that my false case will never execute, i only wired vairables to the tunnels as labview moans about unwired tunnels. but if setting the tunnel to 'use default if unwired' uses the last vairable it was passed then thats fine, i shall go and remove my dead vairables!

Thanks again for your help!!

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(791 Views)

Goomba79 Wrote:

hello again,

i know that my false case will never execute, i only wired vairables to the tunnels as labview moans about unwired tunnels. but if setting the tunnel to 'use default if unwired' uses the last vairable it was passed then thats fine, i shall go and remove my dead vairables!

Thanks again for your help!!

It wont take " last available it was passed", when your making as 'use default if unwired'.  It takes Boolean default value i.e. False.

If you want to take previous value, use shift registers or Feedback node.

Munna
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(784 Views)