cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

controlling windows media player in labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Thanks for letting us know.

If you have any questions, then don't hesitate to let us know!

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
Message 11 of 21
(2,507 Views)

Sorry,

But agin after i do a couple of loops the programm still hangs? After 20 to 25 loops, LabVIEW hangs? Maybe i have to reboot my PC? But at the moment i am recovering a broken hard drive and have to wait for 2 more days before i can restart my PC...

Regards,

Thijs

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(2,503 Views)

I just restarted my PC... but without any luck! The strange thing is that my LabVIEW app allways hangs at the 25th iteration...?

Regards!

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(2,496 Views)

Watch your memory with Task Manager while you run the process. You may find you have a memory leak.

Check your processor speed too.

Try running 25 changes really slow  - 1 change per tell you if you have an architecture problem or PC.

It'll give you a better handle on where the problem lies.

(Run with highlight execution on ONLY if you memory usage when running the application after 24 iterations is not > than total RAM available.)

Check you are closing all handles.

(I have not looked at the code - that's just where I would start as standard practice if I had this problem)

Try a different file - does it respond the same way with a larger/smaller media file.

James

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(2,491 Views)

I allready did that, and the strange thing is that the memory hardly changes, sometimes it goes down a bit... And the processing power also stays stable? I can try other video files, but it is very strange though.

Regards,

Thijs Boeree

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(2,487 Views)

Hell Thijs,

Can you share the last version of this code.

I really would like to see if I'm able to reproduce this behaviour at my side.

Is it possible to share the video-file you're testing with?

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(2,480 Views)

I've made an update in my k-lite codec pack , i've adjusted the H.264 codec with the libavcodec. Now it seems to go right... But i have do some more tests tomorrow!

Regards,

Thijs

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(2,477 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ThijsBoeree

Hello Thijs,

thanks for the update!

I was Out of Office the last week because I was sick.

Have you been able to do some extra tests?

Kind Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(2,464 Views)

It works great!! I've put the k-lite codec pack "on" and i can even scroll trough the movie with an event on "value change". And it's smootly and does'nt hang anymore!

Great!

Regards,

Thijs

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(2,460 Views)

I don't have a "CurrentPosition" option under the "controls" of the WMP invoke node. Does this mean I have an outdated WMP active X driver? If so, how to I get it?

Thanks,

Steve

LabVIEW2009, Windows 7

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(2,402 Views)