LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

controlling a testing procedure in labview

Thank you guys for your reply.I am attaching the basic architecture which I am currently using for my main test vi.I am writing all my doubts once again for your reference:

• How to implement "pause","resume"& "abort" features in this vi?
  • Can I use a better way for event handling e.g.queues,dynamic events or producer -consumer loops etc?
  • Presently,if I have to run my test(i.e Run module or Run device) for the 2nd time,I need to stop the vi & rerun it again.Can I eliminate the requirement of stopping it?

Actually,I am new to LV and so dont know how to exactly design it in an efficient way..All suggestions are most welcome.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(391 Views)

any suggestion folks??

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(364 Views)

Presently,if I have to run my test(i.e Run module or Run device) for the 2nd time,I need to stop the vi & rerun it again.Can I eliminate the requirement of stopping it?

you know that stop in 2nd loop is connected to RUN so if run is true it will do one loop and stop 🙂 make it constant false 🙂

why not queues? 

btw do you want to run test in loop for example 100 times or till you press stop?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(335 Views)

You can find the "normal" producer/consumer architecture in the Template Browser. Open that one by selecting New (not New VI!) in LV.

Start adding the messages/cases you need. The trick you have to implement as a new part is that the consumer feeds itself as such that it becomes a state machine. The producer will act as additional external source for control/modification of the state machine flow.

Using the queue properly will automatically remove the need of all local variables you are currently using.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(326 Views)