LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

controlling Labview using CVI/Labwindows

I am learning to control Labview using CVI/Labwindows using activeX automation but am currently having some trouble. I am trying to modify the "CVI Controlling Labview" example to accept 5 controls as supposed to the original 4 that controls the "frequency response.vi". I am doing this by increasing the size of the "paramData" array sent via ActiveX. Do I have to change something in one of the labview controls, in order for a command to be accepted. I am already making sure the corresponding "paramNames" part of the array co-incides with the labview control name. I am using Labview 7.1 and CVI/Windows 7.1.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,074 Views)
Hi Simy,

When you call a VI in labview the input parameters have to be defined as you would when performing a function call in C. In order to do this you must place a control or indicator on the front panel of the VI with the corresponding datatype. You must then wire the control/indicator to the connector pane for the VI (Similar to defining a function prototype).

In LabVIEW goto help>>search the labview bookshelf, LabVIEW user manual chapter 7 and look for the part on wiring the connector pane.

Hope this helps...

Tristan

Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,062 Views)