LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

control of front panel with activeX acroPDF container

Hi,

I have an application where I want to load a PDF document onto my Labview front panel and allow scrolling until I press a 'Finish' button.

When I press the 'Finish' button I need to scan in a barcode (or type in using keyboard) using a string control so that the next PDF can be loaded in. In reality the operator will have limited functionality so i need to set the keyfocus on the string to automatically pickup the scan or keystrokes. My problem with this appears to be if the PDF gets loaded it doesnt release itself even if i close the activeX reference. I cannot then type in the string control. My LV version is 8.5.1 and i've got Adobe reader 7.0.

I have attached a simplied example of my problem(s) with an explanation on the front panel. This problem seems to effect the use of shortcut keys as well.

Would gladly appreciate some input!!

Many thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,384 Views)

Hi barkusmax...,

if i start your vi, i get Error 3006. It says you have to change the execution place under VI options. Change it to user and you can load your pdf document.

Hope it helps.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,381 Views)

Hi MikeS81,

I have changed the VI execution to user interface - I forgot to do this on the example but the problem is still occuring.

The problem occurs when you click inside the activeX container and scroll the pdf before pressing STOP 1 button - the string then will not

update with the keypresses

Any ideas? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,372 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,351 Views)