LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

control izarc or winzip or winuha with labview

Hi.

I have a lot of data with my acquisition program.
The idea is to compress it to file it.
How can I make an automatic program with labview to compress datas with winzip or izarc or winuha or anything else???
It's very important for me because my data can be more than 4 Go then compressed less than 300 Mo !
C
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,650 Views)
I think OpenG may have some tools for doing file compression. If you want to use Winzip directly, there is a command line api which you can download from Winzip's web site. I've posted a quick example that uses it.

Regards,
Ryan K.
Message 2 of 5
(2,641 Views)
thank you Ryank ! ! !
Exactly what I want !

I Think the zip files have to be used as normal files : open/create -> write -> close.?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,637 Views)
No, using this method the Zip files are never directly read or written by LV. LV calls the Winzip program through a command line executable and instructs it to zip the files. Therefore, you would write your data files normally (with open, write, close, etc.) and then call Winzip to compress them. You'd probably also want to delete the origial data file (using the delete VI in LV) after it has been zipped to save disk space. Keep in mind that with this method, you still have to have enough disk space to store the file temporarily. If you want to compress the files before they are written to disk then you should look into the compression utilities at OpenG. Alternately, you could use file VIs which can compress data automatically such as the HWS VIs (these ship on the NI driver CD and are a really useful for writing large files). Also, dealing with large data in LV can get really slow if you don't do it properly, below is a link to a really good tutorial on various techniques for managing large data (the HWS files are also described in this tutorial and there is a link at the end of it to another set of compression VIs in LV).

Regards,
Ryan K.

Managing Large Data Sets in LabVIEW
Message 4 of 5
(2,624 Views)
thank you ryank.
All that I wanted to know have an answer.

Thanks a lot.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,615 Views)