LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

control array of cluster

Have you used LabVIEW's debugging tools?  Wires retain values, probes, break points etc.  Looking at the values on the wires, and where they change helps understand why a value changes unexpectedly.  The program doesn't do anything you didn't (inadvertently) tell it to do.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(769 Views)

I'm struggling to follow what's supposed to happen, but one thing stands out to me.  Is this tunnel coming out of the Event structure causing a problem? 

What steps do I need to follow to reproduce your condition?

reply.png

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(760 Views)

I dont know if i am missing somthing but you are using autoindexing for loop so every element in array is going to change their value and this is what happaning.

you need to get index at which value is changed and update  values at that index only not the whole array.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(754 Views)

Try replacing the "New value " with propert node

Capture.PNG

Regards
Guru (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22
(743 Views)

@Guruthilak wrote:

Capture.PNG

That won't do anything.  In fact, that is horrible advice.  Using property nodes to get/set values is HORRIBLE.  The property node makes it SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much slower than a local variable would and you still have the issues of race conditions with both the local variable and property node.

The NewValue gives the latest value of the control.  That is exactly what the OP needs to use.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(735 Views)

@Guruthilak wrote:

Regards
Guru (CLA)

...are you really a CLA?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(728 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

@Guruthilak wrote:

Regards
Guru (CLA)

...are you really a CLA?

I'm guessing there's a 'D' missing at the end there...

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(724 Views)

I took "CPI" out of my signature years ago.  I think all it proved was that I can pass a test.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(719 Views)
@Hooovahh wrote:

@Guruthilak wrote:

Regards
Guru (CLA)

...are you really a CLA?

I'm guessing there's a 'D' missing at the end there...

Hmmm i think i started to like you guys.. So you guys want me to scan and upload the CLA certificate? I can do that.... Grow uo guys...

The code which i opened up was broken as there was typedefs missing. With nested while loops  and a broken code, thats what came to my mind to suggest. 

I guess you guys should open the code and give a lecture on how to architect and write a neat code considering all design aspect to the one who posted the question. I can not do that as its not my cup of tea...

So you guys better take the complete requiremtn and do the job for him....all the best

Regards
Guru (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22
(694 Views)

Guruthilak

Nobody is here to do job for anyone. This is the place where we share and learn.

As a CLA, people expect more from you. May be it was a bit harsh but still it was your mistake.( I am not a CLA but thanks to this forum i know the conseqences of using property nodes )

Participate in the forum, Try to answer more and accept your mistakes, may be we have lot to learn from you.

P.S. - Guys here are really good friends and they can make fun of you and you also will get your chanceSmiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(675 Views)