From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connector pane pattern bug

LV2011, cant check other versions right now.

The Connector pane pattern window doesn't mark/show your currently selected pattern. Not a big bug, but i still classify it as such.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,343 Views)

Either in 2012 SP1 it shows. Is it documented anywhere that it must show the selected pattern? I am just trying to understand whether it can be called a Bug.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,334 Views)

Lack of user information is a bug to me, but technically it could be a suggestion.

/Y

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,321 Views)

In LV2009 the currently chosen connpane pattern also ISN'T marked in the selection window, so I guess it's not a bug, but intentional. That window is for choosing a new pattern with no preferences.

But I agree: you should create a LabVIEW Idea entry asking for that feature!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,315 Views)

Suggestion created.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Mark-selected-Connector-pattern/idi-p/3056333

/Y

Qestit Systems
Message 5 of 12
(3,306 Views)

I can confirm that this selection is not visiable in LV 2014 either. Hope you get Kudos enough to get it implemented in next version ***** LV.

Best Regards
Jonas Mäki
Systems Developer
Novator Solutions
Message 6 of 12
(3,253 Views)

Were you at NI week this year Mäki? 

/Y

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,243 Views)

I was 😃 in the LV HO and cRIO HO session room. Although this is a bit off topic 😉

Best Regards
Jonas Mäki
Systems Developer
Novator Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,239 Views)

Off topic, but interesting. If you also were at the swedish dinner at the (chinese place) we've had a beer. 🙂

On topic: I didn't think suggestions were a pure popularity contest, but that you also weighed the ideas on it's own merits. As in: "It only got 15 likes, but fits well with our vision".

/Y

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,236 Views)

Off topic: Sorry I wasn't able to join for that dinner I had to leave for meeting in Germany the next day

On topic: IT's not a purely popularity but offcourse it is a big thing. If we would have a suggestion with 100000 kudos and one with 3. I think it would be just wrong not to go with the one most people like. However it might also be such a simple change that we can make a less popular but very fitting change be implemented. Exactly how this decision is made I cannot say as I'm not part of the R&D team, but I would guess they weight it something like this. Just look at the implementation of 2014 and see if you can find the idea exchange for this and you can see 😃

Best Regards
Jonas Mäki
Systems Developer
Novator Solutions
Message 10 of 12
(3,230 Views)