LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connecting arduino and visa with labview

hello, my name is angga and i am working my final project.

i want to controlling a heater with pwm that read from thermocouple,

i am using arduino mega 2560 board, max6675, thermocouple type k, solid state relay and heater.

at first i made a program that can read temperature and produce pwm signal using thermistor, as thermistor sub vi already made an example in labview so it can be use instantly. but now, as my needs to controlling a higher temperature, i must change the sensor to thermocouple.

I already got the arduino code for max6675.

I already made visa for reading arduino trough labVIEW, but i still confuse how to make it pwm as an output

I already made arduino program in labVIEW to produce pwm signal but it still reading with thermistor

is there any way to make "TempMon2.vi" unite with "Thermistor read connect to lamp.vi" as teh "TempMon2.vi" replacing thermistor that attach in "Thermistor read connect to lamp.vi" program ?

i hope somebody can help me, i'm so desperate 😞

thanks in advance

here is the arduino program that i use

#include <max6675.h>
#include <Wire.h>

int thermoSO = A1;
int thermoCS = A2;
int thermoCSK = A3;

MAX6675 thermocouple(thermoCSK,thermoCS,thermoSO);
int vccPin = A0;
int gndPin =A4;

void setup() {
Serial.begin(9600);
//use Arduino pins
pinMode(vccPin,OUTPUT);digitalWrite(vccPin,HIGH);
pinMode(gndPin,OUTPUT);digitalWrite(gndPin, LOW);

//Serial.println("MAX6675 test");
//wait for MAX chip to stabilize
delay(500);
}

void loop() {
//basic readout test, just print the current temp

//serial.print("C=");
int temp = thermocouple.readCelsius();
Serial.println(temp);
//Serial.print("F+");
//Serial.println(thermocouple.readFahrenheit());

delay(500);
}

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,079 Views)

Hello Angs, please do not create multiple threads for the same issue, it only fragments our ability to help, stick to a single thread so we can all be in the same channel. Unless you specifically require to use VISA primitives, I would advice to just stick to the LIFA ready-made functions, they're very well made and realiable. Please stick to your most recent thread (where you asked specifically about the thermocouple) from now on, thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,049 Views)

@Daikataro wrote:

Please stick to your most recent thread (where you asked specifically about the thermocouple) from now on, thanks.

And just to be thorough, here is a link to that thread: how to switching arduino thermistor with visa temperature read?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,037 Views)