cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connect to 9791 WSN gateway on different domain

Solved!
Go to solution

RE: 9791 WSN gateway

I want to collect data from a WSN without having a computer  in the very remote field location.  For 1 measurement per minute, we don't need the power and cost of a RIO, or even a laptop at the remote location.

I want to use a 9791 gateway (with some 3202 WSN devices)  in a remote field location, directly connected to the internet via a satellite link.  I want to run a LabVIEW program on a computer back at the home office location.  I plan to collect remote data locally on a LabVIEW VI without having a computer in the remote location.

Since the 9791 won't be on my same network domain back at the home office, how do i get MAX to find the 9791 ?

I have only used the 9791 on a local network, where MAX auto-detect is, well, automatic.

William Reed

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,313 Views)

Hi William,

Do you have any information about the remote network you plan to set up? Depending how you have it configured, you could create a new remote system in MAX and direct it to the location where your data is being sent.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,294 Views)

Hi Tim,

I'm still just exploring the possibilities, we haven't settled on the remote network hardware yet.  One possibility is a satellite uplink to the internet, another is a cell phone data connection of some kind. 

How do i create the new remote system in MAX, is it as simple as giving it an IP address ?

Will MAX be able to detect the NI hardware connected to the IP address ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,290 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author wreed
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,281 Views)