LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connect/disconnect individual switch matrix route after using switch executive

I have a bank of switch matrices that are connected to SMUs, DMMs, and DIOs. Normally, to connect them to my DUT, I would use switch executive for the predefined routes. This time though, I have a few more pins than my DIO can support, so I figured I will just connect the other DUT pins to either the VCC or VSS depending on the logic needed. Problem is, I do not know how to connect or disconnect those pins to the power supply indivually after using a switch exective session. I would get an error if i use NI-Switch connect calls saying that the corresponding switch matrix is already under another session. I also could make multiple switch executive route groups but the problem with that is I can't use "make after break" since the DUT will lose power, and I also cannot use "break after make" since VCC will short to VSS. So what else can I do?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,063 Views)

Hi Jinggaloo

I’m not sure what hardware you’re using or what your DUT is expecting, but my initial concern with using an SMU in place of a DIO card is the rise time of the SMU output. SMU’s don’t switch voltages as fast as DIO cards, so this could cause timing issues with the DUT. Is this something that should be concern?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,010 Views)

It won't really be a concern for us because these signals don't need to be switched regularly or need a fast rise/fall time. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,975 Views)
I'm not sure on how to do it from within LabVIEW, but we can connect individual signals/pins to routes using [Signal_Name->Route1] in TestStand.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,966 Views)

@Sam_Sharp wrote:
I'm not sure on how to do it from within LabVIEW, but we can connect individual signals/pins to routes using [Signal_Name->Route1] in TestStand.

Same thing in LabVIEW, just use the niSE Connect and niSE Disconnect VIs.  I made my own library to build up the route so that I only have to supply the two end points.  It also keeps certain things from connecting accidentally.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,962 Views)