cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

conflict for installing two labview applications

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have two LabVIEW 8.6 applications and can make the executable and then installation files for both of them in the project explorer.

After I install the FIRST application and when I want to install the SECOND one, during the installation process it says a higher version is currently installed even if I select a different installation path. The 'Next' button is deactivated as shown in the attached screenshot.

On the other hand, if I install the SECOND application first and then install the FIRST application, even if the installation pathes are different it installs the first application successfully but removes the second application.

I do not know how to install both applications one after the other irrespective of the order. I appreciate any help or comment.

Cheers,

Ali

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,744 Views)
Are you trying to install two versions of the SAME software?
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,737 Views)

Hello GerdW,

No, the software are totally different. The startup VIs when I creat the executables are different.

Cheers,

Ali

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,732 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Hooovahh

Make sure the two builds have a different upgrade code.

(Installer builder...Version information...Upgrade code. Just press "generate" to create a new one for the installer that does not work)

See also this help page

(If they both have the same upgrade code, windows thinks they are the same program and only keeps the higher version)

(This picture is from 2015, not sure if it looks the same in 8.6)

Message 4 of 8
(3,727 Views)

Hi,

It seems there are a lot of changes has happend from LabVIEW 8.6. I do not have the version information page and the upgrade code in my installation process. I attached the product information page here (Untitled1.png).

I have this page when I want to make the executable as shown in Untitled2.png, but it does not have the upgrade code, too.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,714 Views)

Yes, I remember some old discussions. While the upgrade code is not visible in your build definition, it should still be present in the *.lvproj file. Maybe you can (carefully) edit it and change the upgrade code. Also see this old discussion.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,698 Views)

I did not know that the *.lvproj is a text file. I will follow the discussion and then let you know.

Thanks a lot,

Ali

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,646 Views)

Hi,

I followed the discussion you mentioned and now I can install both applications. Making a duplication of the executable and installer in the project explorere works great.

Thank you for your help.

Ali

Message 8 of 8
(3,560 Views)