LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

concatenate strings vi

Thanks. However I am using LV6.0. Could you convert it to 6.0? If not, can you could convert it to 7.0? I can then ask a friend of mine to convert it to 6.0.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(686 Views)
Sorry I don't have 6.0, but I have attached a picture of the block diagram.  To convert the waveform data into a string, you must use the Get Waveform Components function found in the Functions - Waveform palette, and select Y as the element.  This produces an array of Y values.  Then the Array to Spreadsheet String can be used to convert the entire array into a string, which is concatenated with the header.  Then, one file write does it all.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 12 of 14
(668 Views)
tbob:

You may not need 6.  If you have 7.0, you can do File -> Save with Options, then select the previous version.  Unfortunately you cannot go back more than one version (e.g., 7.1 cannot save to 6, only 7.0).
Joe Gerhardstein
Viasat
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Developer
Certified Professional Instructor
http://www.viasat.com
Message 13 of 14
(664 Views)
Joe:  I just thought it would be easier and give him/her (for you Lynn) some practice at building a block diagram if I were to give a picture of the diagram.  Otherwise, I would have to save to 7.0, and labview1958 would have to convert to 6.1 and then again to 6.0.

Here is a picture illustrating Mike Porter's suggestion on using Format Into String instead of Concatenate.  It does look neater.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 14 of 14
(654 Views)