LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

concatenate strings from pattern matching

hello guys!

i was working on a alphabet sign language recognition. so far i am able to recognize alphabets. i would like to output a text indicator whenever there is a match if possible i would like it to become a word.

i got a vi from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlECSKpIsbw that recognizes a pattern from a template and i have just replaced the template to an actual image of a, b, and c sign language and added some led indicator. for now i only have templates for a, b and c since it would just be the same i would just add the other alphabets later on. i would also like to have a reset button that would empty the text indicator. here is my vi after some modification.

thanks in advance guys! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,627 Views)

First of all, you should make all of your templates before your main loop.  I recommend making an array of file paths and then use a FOR loop (autoindexing) to create your image templates.  You will then have an array of templates.  Then you use a FOR loop to compare your image to all of the image templates until you find a match.  You can use a conditional terminal on a FOR loop to stop the search when you find a match.  From the match, just use Index Array to get the element you want to add to your string (you will want to keep your letters in an array of strings).  Store your string in a shift register.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,619 Views)