From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compiling dll for visual basic, which datatypes are ok?

I have a VI routine that performs calculations on greyscale image inputs (represented as U16 2D arrays) and spits extracted parameters out.  I need to send this code to a contract manufacturer, but protect our code from scrutiny. They use Visual Basic as their development environment. Is there a way I can compile the LabVIEW VI into a DLL that they can use and link to in VB? I'm not sure how DLL's handle data structures like clusters. My VI inputs and outputs are listed below, can anyone tell me if I have to make changes so that the VI becomes amendable to being compiled into a DLL?

Inputs:

2D array of U16

2D array of U16

Double

Cluster of

9 Doubles

U32

Cluster of

1D array of doubles

1D array of doubles

Outputs:

1D array of doubles

Cluster of

1D array of doubles

1D array of doubles

Cluster of

1D array of doubles

1D array of doubles

1D array of doubles

2D array of I32

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,613 Views)

Hi Patrick,

Have you taken a look at creating a .NET Interop Assembly? Here is a link to our reference page regarding converting LabVIEW code to .NET:

Creating .NET Interop Assemblies

In this page, clusters are specifically referenced:

"LabVIEW converts clusters and enumerations to .NET structures whose elements correspond to the elements of the cluster or enumeration."

Message 2 of 2
(2,570 Views)