LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

comparing array values of Laserscanner and selecting two desired index

Hello all,

I have an array of 1080 indexes of Laser scanner values, now I can detect an object distence using Min array fcn. Now I am stuck onto finding the edge point of the object by comparing the value differences from the minimum index.I need to find two points, which would be the edge point of the object. Can anyone please help me out? I am feeling helpless! 😞 ...eagerly looking for a reply. and thanks in advance...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,767 Views)

Hi Jun,

at first you should use the AutoCleanUp tool.

Then you should move constant operations outside of your loop(s) like ArrayMinMax.

Then you should learn about autoindexing of loops in LabVIEW.

And finally you need to define your algorithm (and present some real data) before you can expect more help on your actual problem!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,765 Views)

Hello GerdW!

Thank you very much for your reply. Right now the problem I am facing is from the minimum index point I need to compare each consecutive index for getting the desired index with the value greater than 100.using this algorithm to both sides of the minimum index will give me 2 index which I will store in a new array. please look into my program if you can help me on this.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,755 Views)

Hi Jun,

I can't open your VI due to it's version, but that should give you a kick:
check.png

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,738 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Thanks for your kind help but i tried your program but its not helping. The problem I am facing now is the value I am getting is the last of the loop iteration while I need the first value according to my condition. Can you please tell me how to stop the loop using my condition?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,722 Views)

just an addition to Gred's idea if you want indexes from both end

Find indexes.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,719 Views)

Hi..

Thanks for your help but still not working.Its returning the minimum index value as upper index. I appreciate your kind help...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,708 Views)

Hi Jun,

please attach your current VI with some meaningful data embedded (make default value of an array control holding your laser data)!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,706 Views)

Hey Guys...

Thanks for all your support..I have solved my problem and it was simple. Your inspiration is really appreciated. 

Regards,

Jun

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,684 Views)