LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compare memory arrays with highliting

hi,

I have two 8bit memory arrays 128 bytes long.. One is Flash based that is fixed and the other is User RAM that can be changed. I was looking to compare the memory array's and was hoping to highlite the individual 8 bit values by changing the background or text color so the user could see where the differences are.. When i try this to an individual element, the entire array gets changed. Is there a way to target individual values in the array? Version 11.0.1

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,212 Views)

@Roadrunna wrote:

When i try this to an individual element, the entire array gets changed. Is there a way to target individual values in the array? Version 11.0.1

No there isn't a way to change a propery of one element of an array without changing all the elements in the array.  The only difference between two array elements is the value nothing else.  That being said there are alternatives to what you want to do.  Maybe a table or a listbox would work.  Here you can control how each cell looks.  You can then color the background of the cell something else.  

Or in some cases a cluster can be used instead of an array if the number of elements are known.  Then you can color one item in the cluster at a time.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,203 Views)

I've done exactly what you're trying to do.  Just convert the arrays to clusters then change the background of the individual controls/indicators in the clusters.  You can do the comparison using either the arrays or clusters.  You can save and manipulate the data as arrays the convert to clusters for display.

Kelly Bersch
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Kudos are always welcome
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,190 Views)

The simplest way would be to display the data in a table and color the cells accordingy.

Here is an old example.

(I am using this to highlight correlated fitting parameters in one of my fitting programs, see image)

Message 4 of 5
(2,181 Views)

I like the use of a table.  It lets you see all the arrays at once in one spot.  Much better than using clusters.

Kelly Bersch
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Kudos are always welcome
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,174 Views)