From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compactrio 9068 serial communication

Hi,

I had done a labview code based on existing RS232 FPGA implementation on SbRio downloaded form NI site

the read write code is implemented in the RT side, taken as reference RS232 FPGA implemented code

i have to adapted the code to work on Compact Rio 9068.

could any one have an example of read write (using 9870 module) 

Regards,

SASA

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,099 Views)

Why go through the FPGA?  There are serial ports on the 9068.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,071 Views)

Hi,

we go throught FPGA in order to use FIFOs to make Host to target communication (RT => FPGA).

thye question now is how can  configure the baud rate of the ni 9080 module.

Regards,

abdelhak.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,050 Views)

Sorry 

NI 9870 module

so the question is now how to configure this module  (by programming) 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,043 Views)

With an FPGA I/O Property Node.  Just link it to one of the serial ports and set the Buad Rate property.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,026 Views)

There should be some examples in example finder. Still, why would you program the fpga when you can just use scan engine?. If you install the support to the crio, it should show up as a visa item.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,999 Views)

that seems the suitable solution to set baud rate, but i had'nt find a solution to connect property node to the modul!

does it mean that th NI 9870 propertis  is still under development by NI. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,983 Views)

@saketa wrote:

that seems the suitable solution to set baud rate, but i had'nt find a solution to connect property node to the modul!

You put down an FPGA I/O Property on your block diagram.  Right click on it and go to Select Item and follow the path to the port you care about.  You can now change the property to Buad Rate.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,976 Views)