LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

communication cFP and PLC

I have some questions concerning Profibus communication between a Compact Field Point system and a Siemens PLC.

The following hardware is used:

NI cFP 2120 controller

Siemens S7 314 MPI

Has somebody tried to read data from a Siemens PLC over the RS485 ports with profibus?

If yes, could we get the (Siemens) command set so we can try to retrieve data from the PLC (using NI-VISA).

Or has somebody already programmed a solution, could we then have an example of how it has been programmed.

Has somebody solved this problem of communication in a different way? What was the solution and how much time / money did it take.

Hope someone could help me with this problem.

Already thanks for the effort.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,209 Views)
I have not tried communicating with a Siemens PLC before, but I have been able to communicate with a WAGO PLC with LabVIEW by using an OPC Server installed on the PC. Using an OPC server that can communicate with a Siemens PLC should give a similar result. You can get a siemens PLC OPC driver from www.matrikon.com (by purchase). Some more documentation on this driver is avaliable at http://www.matrikonopc.com/opc-drivers/1329/index.aspx#html with a free registration.  

Hope this helps

National Instruments LabVIEW beginner video tutorials available at www.fafiles.com. Get Wired Up!!!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,196 Views)