LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

comments on vi

I have 2015LV in lappy and 2014LV in desktop.The development happened in desktop,onlly for commenting i used lappy.

There seem to be path mismatch .when i saved the vi in previous version(2014) from the lappy and copied it to the desktop,it is still throwing an error with mismatch in the version.

Since i have the original development proj n vi,i am now copying all the comments alone to it.This is the only possibility that i could think of.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(720 Views)

Two comments:

• Since LabVIEW files tend to be Version-specific (unless you jump through hoops to "Save for Previous Version", it is rarely a Good Idea to do development with two different versions of LabVIEW.  My personal practice is to stick with the first version of LabVIEW used for the code (for most of my current working code, it is LabVIEW 2012), and thinking carefully before upgrading (on all my development machines) to a later Version (currently 2014).  I'm currently developing brand new code in 2015 (which is also the version my Students are using ...).  But once I upgrade a Project, I stick with that version of LabVIEW.
  • I (almost) never copy LabVIEW files from one PC to another -- I use Subversion, and do a Commit/Update (or Commit/Checkout) process to move the code.  Having the Master Copy on the SVN Repository also enforces having a single LabVIEW Version for each Project (they aren't necessarily the same Version for each Repository or for each Project in the Repository.

Bob Schor

Message 12 of 12
(691 Views)