From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

command line arguments with a Labview pda application

Hi Everyone,

I am in the process of writing some Labview code to run on a PDA that is called from another vendor's software. When called, I need to pass some information to it (in the form of an integer) and then return an error code when it has finished its task (again, as an integer).

Not being able to compile a my application as a labview dll for to run on a PDA with Windows Mobile 2003, I was hoping to be able to pass command line arguments to my program when compiled as an executable. This doesn't seem to be possible.

Could someone please confirm that Labview PDA applications do not support command line arguments?

Any suggestions on how to meet my objective would be most welcome :).

Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,479 Views)
Maybe it's an obvious suggestion, but passing parameters through text or binay files it's certainly possible.

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,471 Views)

Paolo,

Thanks for your input: storing this information in a text file is a choice we are looking at. But it does leave us with the problem that the vendor's software will not necessarily know when our program has finished running, unless it continuously polls the file to see if there has been any update.

A dll would be ideal. I was hoping there might be a clever way of emulating this.

Regards,

Mark.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,464 Views)