From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

combo box

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

Could someone help me please. My problem is, I have 2 comboboxes and when I select an item from the dropdown list of my 1st combobox, the items in the dropdown list of 2nd combox must change accoring to the item selected in the 1st combobox

For example if I select TLC2274 in first combobox it should show OP-1, OP-2, OP-3 in the 2nd combox and if I select LM2903 it should show OP-1, OP-2.

The items in the 1st combobox are .csv files which contain pin numbers and pin definitions of opamp. Thankyou in advance

Regards

Pratheek

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(2,962 Views)

You can use the 'Strings []' property, in a property node, to programatically define the content of a combo box.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(2,956 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(2,948 Views)

Hi Phil_

I am fairly new to Labview.....Could you please explain in detail or post any example VI's if you have any........ I am using string property node but how could i get the values in my 2nd combox changing according to the items selected in the 1st combobox using string property node ? could you please give me few suggestions.... 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(2,944 Views)

I am unable to open it....I am using Labview 10. Could you please save it for previous version and post it....

Regards

Pratheek

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(2,927 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pratheek

See attached:

Message 6 of 12
(2,923 Views)

Thanks alot.....

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(2,919 Views)

Hi Phil_

I have a problem.....The items in my 1st combobox contains the data as in the attachment below. it is a .csv file....... in the 2nd combobox i need only o/p-1 and o/p-2 to be shown......... So in the case structure, i need to read the .csv file, compare the data and then wire it to the string[]. Is this the correct procedure ? if not could you please tell me how could i do it

Regards

Pratheek

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(2,901 Views)

That sounds reasonable to me. 

Try it out and see if it works! If it dosen't post your code so we can help.

The 'read from spreadsheet' VI in the file I/O section of the Programming pallette, would be useful to read your .csv.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(2,891 Views)

Thanks alot........ i'll get back to you soon.... 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(2,882 Views)