LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

combo box output items name instead values

I met a problem with combox application.

By selecting the combox item name, I wish to get the corresponding values. But always the combo box gives item name, even if I use its property node(value).

LV2012SP1

WT

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,862 Views)

Occasionaly, If I uncheck "Allow undefined values at run time"  under the combo box propeties "Edit Item" tab, then it output values instead of item names.  After this, with  "Allow undefined values at run time"  checked, it output values, too.  Strange behaviour!  

This is not always working.

WT

LV2012SP1

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,855 Views)

Attached please find the combox VI. Please take a look to check the problem.

WT

LV2012SP1

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,841 Views)

What is the VI supposed to show?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,795 Views)

When you uncheck the box, did you actually define values for your control?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,789 Views)

The VI (string2 and string3) is supposed to show the values which is defined in the item table.

I found the solution. To achieve this purpose, one have to use the Text.text property node to choose the item in the combo box. With a string given to the combo box, it doesn't work. This seems to be contrary to one's general thought.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,780 Views)