From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

color to temperature

Solved!
Go to solution

I have to convert a thermo image in scale of colors (RGB). I could get this with IMAQ, but in particulare i have to pass from the temperature pixel valure at a color value. Can somebody help me to find the algorithm in labview please? thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,935 Views)

Hi anto,

use an intensity graph with an appropriate Z scale…

Do you mind to present example data and example result?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,925 Views)

Gerd,

i think the request is exactly the other way round....

But Gerds suggestion is valid: Please attach an example image and tell us how the data shall look like later on.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,894 Views)

I have tried your idea but I do not need a graph or image result. I need the pixel value in RGB starting by the temperature pixel value that i have as imput. 

here an example, I have a matrix with the temperature pixels values and i have to traslate them the RGB value. 

example.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,853 Views)

http://www.tannerhelland.com/4435/convert-temperature-rgb-algorithm-code/

I found this code. DO you think is a possible solution? Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,851 Views)

Hi anto,

I have a matrix with the temperature pixels values and i have to traslate them the RGB value.

Where is your matrix?

You load a file, then you convert this file to a 2D array of strings. This array is converted to DBL numbers!

For RGB values I would convert to I32 and display them in HEX…

Please provide (small file of) example data and expected result! Your image doesn't help that much…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,839 Views)

this is my matrix and i have to convert this temperature values to correspondent RGB values. Then I can plot with IMAQ tool.

Immagine.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,800 Views)

Hi anto,

it still isn't a "matrix", it's just a 2D array of numbers…

Please provide that data in a VI, with array values set to default. Do you think we will start to key in all those values manually in an array?

Please also show use the expected result for those data. You didn't supply any equation (or algorithm), how all those values should be converted to a color.

As long as you don't supply such a formula I suggest to connect those 2D array to an intensity graph for a quick look on your data…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,785 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author anto88

I found the solution algorithm here :http://www.tannerhelland.com/4435/convert-temperature-rgb-algorithm-code/

thanks for your help, have  a  nice day.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,749 Views)