From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

close vi

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello my people! 😉

I am a little confused here...

When starting a main VI i wanted to open a dialogu box - no problem so far. Actually the dialogue box did not match my needs because i want to insert different fonds etc. and pictures into it.

So i made a VI with the text and pictures in it (lets call it "VI dialogue") and i want to open that VI if my main VI startes.

With a button in the "VI dialogue" i want the dialogue to close and the user resumes to the main VI.

Acutally i have no idea how to handle this 😕

Could somebody give me some hinds on how to do this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,674 Views)

Create a VI which opens front panel when called.

Message 2 of 5
(2,673 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jobauer

There's a VI property for Open When Called and another one for "Close When Done (If Originally Closed).  Both of those are in the VI Appearance property page.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 5
(2,670 Views)

If you go into the VI properties you can set the appearance to "dialog" and I believe that handles all the showing, hiding, and modal stuff.  I usually start with that template and then choose customize to fine-tune it.

[edit] oops, didn't realize cross posted something similar.  cross's post is the manual way to do it.  The "dialog" option is a template that includes this behavior. [/edit]

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 4 of 5
(2,643 Views)

Thanks for your help! i got it 😉

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,595 Views)