From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clean up

I am using labview 2012 version.The code of the attchd program is very big. I tried to make sub vi s to make the code fit the window size . But using sub vi shows an error so I want to run the program without doing that. The problem is the diagram looks very dirty and confusing. I used clean up diagram option but no luck. Can any body clean up the vi named  "Main vi" in the attached zip file.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,571 Views)

i guess you forgot the attachments.....

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,565 Views)

Post the VI in 2011 format. Will deal with it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,558 Views)

I actually attached it before also but dont understand how it missed.

I attached the 2011 version of the program.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,539 Views)

Just by rearranging your code I was able to get it down to about 2450 x 650 which will fit on a large screen. The Clean Up tool does not work very well on whole diagrams or very large code segments.  Forcing most of the error wires to be straight and moving things laterally were key parts of my manual clean up.

The case structure was a large part of the problem. It had a huge amount of empty space.  It can be reduced to 400 x 260 without looking cramped.

I do not have IMAQ so I cannot help with what does not work.

Lynn

Clean up.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,518 Views)

Thank you for your effort. Can you please upload the cleaned vi as an attachment .

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,497 Views)

ymadhuri@rediffmail.com wrote:

Thank you for your effort. Can you please upload the cleaned vi as an attachment .

Why don't you try doing it again yourself, now that you have an example? At least, for me, this is how I learn best. It will help you in future development too!

Message 7 of 9
(2,492 Views)

I actualy tried it , but I made it worst.  Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,482 Views)

I tried to rearrange it. I dont have all the components so cant help further

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,472 Views)