LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

circle detection

hello

iam a student in the netherlands, iam following a  bachalor studie called electronics

for this studie i have to make a camera follow system  this system has to follow a dot that moves verticaly

to this end i want to use the detect circle option      but this function doesn`t work properly i don`t now how to use the settings

please help me

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,865 Views)

"Marcel pas" <x@no.email> wrote in message news:1168857611041-463678@exchange.ni.com...
hello
&nbsp;
iam a student in the netherlands, iam following a&nbsp; bachalor studie called electronics
&nbsp;
for this studie i have to make a camera follow system&nbsp; this system has to follow a dot that moves verticaly
&nbsp;
to this end i want to use the detect&nbsp;circle option&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; but this function doesn`t work properly i don`t now how to use the settings
&nbsp;
please help me
&nbsp;
thanks
&nbsp;
&nbsp;

Marcel,

The IMAQ Circle vi has a few inputs, most of them are obvious (Error In, Error Out, Max Radius, Min Radius). The trick is, you have to provide a binary image to Image Src. The circle in this image should be true, and the other true areas shouldn't be circles (noise, lines, etc.), or circles that don't match the min max radii.

Your problem is probably that you don't provide a binary input. How to get a binary input depends on the image. If the circle has a distinct color (it should, otherwise your lightning needs to be adjusted), try to use a threshold. Any of the threshold functions might work, so try a few till you find one that works. sometimes converting the image to HSL or HSV helps, if the color is distinct, but the intensety isn't.

If you need more help, post an image. Or, if you are in Delft, I could drop by...

Regards,

Wiebe.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,859 Views)

heey  wiebe   thanks for youre replySmiley Happy

i already have threshold and this works to,  but my problem is that i don`t now how the circle detection settings works    and also does the circle detection works when the ROI is a line   i will atach  my VI with this reply   maybe you can take a look at it

iam not studying at delft but in arnhem HAN 

Thanks

Marcel

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,839 Views)

"Marcel pas" <x@no.email> wrote in message news:1168942208609-464239@exchange.ni.com...
heey&nbsp; wiebe&nbsp;&nbsp; thanks for youre replySmiley Happy
i already have threshold and this works to,&nbsp; but my problem is that i don`t now how the circle detection settings works&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; and also does the circle detection works when the ROI is a line&nbsp;&nbsp; i will atach&nbsp; my VI&nbsp;with this reply&nbsp;&nbsp; maybe you can take a look at it
iam not studying at delft but in arnhem HAN&nbsp;
&nbsp;
Thanks
Marcel

Project vision.vi:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/224345/1/Project vision.vi

Marcel,

I'm still using 7.1, for project compatibility (and for lack of reason to switch). I'm sure someone else will look at it.

Regards,

Wiebe.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,834 Views)