LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

check that memory card is present in device or not

I am implementing one software to operate meter, in this I have to save data into the memory card before writing data on memory card(Removable) , I want to check if memory card is present in the device or not ? I am very new in LabView please help. best if post data diagram. Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,296 Views)

use these vis to see if there is such path in your system or not 
htey are in file I/o branch 

Untitled.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,259 Views)

Hey, 

Are you using a cRIO ? Anyways, you could try looking at this example to get an idea on how to go about this. This example is based on the previous users message. 

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-5825

Regards

Suraj Pawar

AE, NI India

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,210 Views)

Actually memory card is not in Computer it is in one device which I connected to system. Device is Energy measurment Meter,I want to check memory card is inserted in that device or not

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,168 Views)
attach your memory card to computer
then find directory name and use it as path for vi that i send it image to you then you find out the size if the size is 0 it means that there is no card or card is full
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,148 Views)

kiwagh105@gmail.com wrote:

Actually memory card is not in Computer it is in one device which I connected to system. Device is Energy measurment Meter,I want to check memory card is inserted in that device or not

The easiest way we found to do this with code running on RT targets was to attempt to write a file (e.g. a 1 byte binary file) to the device and see whether or not it was successful. I think there's also the 'get volume info' VI but I seem to remember something weird happening with it on RT targets...but it's been a long time since I tried it.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,127 Views)

I am sorry but I don`t think you will be able to use LabVIEW File VIs to check for the presence of the memory card in an external device, if that device is not something LabVIEW can program. You can try exploring if your device supports a command set through Serial communication, TCP communication. If yes, then you could try sending those commands from LabVIEW. 

Best of luck with your application !

Thanks 

Suraj Pawar

AE, NI India

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,081 Views)