cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

check if the device is connected

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am developing an application where using cDAQ NI 9174 with modules NI 9401, NI 9205 and NI 9219. I store the last setting including the device channel setting in the xml file and this last setting is loaded when the application starts. I would like to indicate in the TOP VI Front Panel that the cDAQ and the modules are connected. Lets say by LED set to ON. Is there any way how to check if the device is connected programatically ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,645 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author charlie87

Here is how you can check for a connected device.

device.png

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
Message 2 of 7
(3,634 Views)

This is one way to inspect each device:

ReadOnce_BD.png  options.png

There are a few options under Identification.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 3 of 7
(3,625 Views)

Thank you guys. Perfect answers.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,580 Views)

There are other options too.  I use the System Configuration palette under Measurement I/O.  It has ways of setting up filters and finding devices that match the filter type.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,543 Views)

Hi Mr.Hooovahh, I have been using your CAN library to develop some tools, before all let me congratulate you for your excellent job.
I am using VECTOR CANalyzer hardware along with LabVIEW, I have some problems regarding to the Vector Drivers, from time to time, LV pop up a driver's error window.
I need a solution to verify if the VI detects the drivers, before the main execution.
Could you help me with that?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(882 Views)

You are replying to a 9 year old thread that isn't about CAN or Vector.  You should make a new thread with the relevant information.  That being said I would just look to see if there is an error on the error wire, and if there is, to then close any sessions and try reopening them.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(870 Views)