Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

check if file or folder

This is the modified VI.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 23
(1,266 Views)

Is this VI running on the windows computer or on the sbRIO RT system?

If you are trying to create a file or folder on the sbRIO target, a syntax starting with "C:\" is incorrect.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 23
(1,249 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Is this VI running on the windows computer or on the sbRIO RT system?

If you are trying to create a file or folder on the sbRIO target, a syntax starting with "C:\" is incorrect.

It also depends on the LabVIEW version. Since the original VI is in LabVIEW 2011 I believe your statement may be correct. In newer realtime targets they actually create simlinks such as /c/ni-rt and similar pointing to the actual Linux directory which makes a path showing C:/something on Windows translate correctly into /c/something on the NI Linux realtime system.

With sbRIO being VxWorks based and using LabVIEW 2011 your statment is however most likely true.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 23
(1,236 Views)

Hi,

You were all right. I had used "create folder" on the sbRIO target. When I created a new vi under Windows target (My computer), I got the log file.

If I want to create on sbRIO target, what should the syntax be?

So will the log file be stored in sbRIO's memory? How to access it?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 23
(1,210 Views)

Hi kdm,

use FTP access to read files from sbRIO internal "hard" drive…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 15 of 23
(1,197 Views)

Or create a shared folder on your main computer and let the sbRIO write to that folder using the network path.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 16 of 23
(1,183 Views)

Hi,

I am able to access the file now through FTP. Thanks Smiley Happy

But I am not able to view continuously (simultaneously). That is, everytime I have to refresh my page to view the newly logged data.

Also, the data does not appear column wise (I mean the respective data is not under its respective column) even though I used a tab constant between them.

What could be wrong?

Here is the vi.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 23
(1,180 Views)

I don't think it will make any difference, but you shouldn't use Build Array when building up your report string.  You should be using Concatinate String.  I'm not immediately finding anything else that would cause the columns to be off.  Do you have an example of your output?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 18 of 23
(1,174 Views)

Oh yes! Silly me. It should've used concatenate string.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 23
(1,168 Views)

GerdW - you are "newbie shaming" for no reason. In fact BOTH of the below methods are correct. If as you say "You create a file path by using string constants. THAT'S PLAIN WRONG! Use path constants whenever you want to handle paths!" were in fact even remotely true, why would "String to Path" even exist? Yes, your way is more efficient and what a seasoned LabVIEW programmer might do; but shaming someone AND providing incorrect information in the process simply because they did something a different way than you think is correct is both inaccurate and unfair. Both ways work. You should apologize. I know this is an old thread, but I felt compelled to comment.

undefined

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 23
(679 Views)