LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charting data over several hours

I am new to labview and an working on a project that I want to log data over several hours. In our manufacturing plant we want ot see shen a machine is making parts by using the NI 9422 digital input module that will send a pulse to labview. I can see pulses in labview using the daq assistant but can't seem to figure out how to chart the data. I want to be able to know the % of on and off time in a selected area of the plot. The on and off time of the pulses are in seconds.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,524 Views)

There are plenty of methods to log your data.  Just look in the File IO palette.  Just to keep it simple, I would probably just go with the binary file.

As far as the analysis, take a look in the Signal Processing palette for some ideas.

For pulse rate, I would just use a counter to give you a frequency.  For Duty Cycle, you will have to go through your data points and count the number of samples that are consecutively low and high.  Of course, this also assumes you are not using the single sample mode, but continuous acquisition so that you have a steady sample rate.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,506 Views)