From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chart's time couldn't change with scrollbar when defering panel update

Hello here,

Sorry for my broken English.

I was using waveform chart with a scrollbar and a boolean to control whether to defer front panel or not, so that after clicking the boolean I can scroll back to previous data.

The problem is that when the front panel is defered, as I scroll the thumb back

1,the thumb didn't change the position but the chart image does,

2,the time shown on the x axis remained to be the latest one just before the defer.

I guess that's probably because the complete front panel had no update. But is there a way to solve it?

Thanks!

Yaqiong

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,012 Views)

You can try setting the synchronous display property node for the chart.

Machine Vision, Robotics, Embedded Systems, Surveillance

www.movimed.com - Custom Imaging Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,993 Views)

I was able to reproduce this issue on my LabVIEW. The chart labels for the max and min on the x axis do not update when you scroll when the panel updates are defered. I'm sure that the reason that they are that way is because those properties are not set to redraw when the panel updates are defered.

I can understand why the stationary scrolling feature would be useful. I located some of our internal records that show that there has been some interest in this feature before, but it hasn't been implemented in LabVIEW yet--probably because other features have had priority.

Until then, you might be able to work around the issue by saving each portion of the data to an array/shift register and plotting that data set with an XY graph. Then you can program your own control (possibly a slider) that will change the min and max position of the graph with the graph's property node.

Jeremy P.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,979 Views)