From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chart absolute time

Hi, I lost my tick marks, Vertical grid and my date and times between the ends when I upgraded from Labview 6.1 to 2009.  I am plotting temperature over weeks at a time and I would like a tick mark and time and date to be displayed every 24 hours. I have tried everything to no avail

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,793 Views)

Hi,

I wanted to let you know that most of this can be configured be the properties window accessed by right-clicking on the chart. Here are a couple screenshots that show locations of your requested modifications.

Set date-time format.JPG

Grid Lines.JPG

In order to change the length of time plotted by the chart, you can select "chart history length" from that same right-click menu.

--------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,744 Views)

Sorry I did not explain my problem.  See following.  The top is my chart using 6.1.  The bottom is my chart using 2009.  No matter how I format the X-Axis in 2009 I cannot get the time and dates to fill in as in 6.1.  Thank you for responding. I am looking forward to a fix. Thank you Ken

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,731 Views)

I don't think you got the pics all send as attachment.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,722 Views)
That link generates an error.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,720 Views)

Capture.PNG

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,715 Views)

Yes that should work but it doesn't in 2009 for some reason. The top chart is 6.1 bottom is 2009.  If I don't format for absolute time, everything is fine.

Charts with X-axis format problems.gif

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,692 Views)

are you sure you have the x-axis selected.  Show a snip of the property page or attach the offending chart in a new vi

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,671 Views)

I have attached a vi with your suggested setting.  Could you please make this chart's X-axis look like the 6.1 chart and send it back to me.  I have searched many examples on your site and have not found one with the time and date "filled in" on the X-Axis.

Thanks for your help.

Ken

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,636 Views)