From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing from ascii to hex

i need to change some characters from ascii to hex... namely the characters Z!| (this means something to a microchip)... but i need it to be done in pda format... now i was able to accomplish this task but only in windows... once i download the program onto a pda i get gibberish... can anyone help me translate these characters from ascii to hex? i believe they should be something like 21050046... doesn't really matter... as long as i get the right idea i'll change the characters later...

thank you in advance for your time!

Christina
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,555 Views)
To translate ASCII code to a number, use the string to byte array VI from the string>>string/array/path conversion palette. Right-click the numeric indicator, select visible items>>radix and change the radix to hex. Is this what you did? I haven't tried this on a PDA. What's the result? There is a function to translate a hex string to a hex number. If this didn't help, specify more about your problem - what are you trying to translate and how are you doing it. Also, post the relevant code.

(2,526 Views)
I've worked a little with PDAs. Here is some info from my limited experience with PDAs. A PDA uses UNICODE or Wide Character Set. The character representations are different than on a PC. I have used functions in Embedded Visual C to do the conversions, but I do not think that these functions exist in regular Labview. There is a Labview for PDAs, which might have the conversion functions. Are you using Labview for PDAs?
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,518 Views)