From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing auto-generate array type

Solved!
Go to solution

For various functions available on the array pallete, there is an "array type" input.  If you right click on the input (on the block diagram of course) and choose Create-Constant, it creates an array of type 2D Dbl (at least, that's the standard for the spreadsheet string to array function).

In this particular case, I want the type to be a 2d array of strings.  I know I could create a front panel array control, drag in a string control, and then hook that control up, but how instead can I change this block diagram constant to be of type 2d string?  I don't see the option available in any right-click context menu...again I want to do all of this within the block diagram, not the front panel.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,723 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bmishoe

Simply grab the numeric constant and remove it from the array constant.

1.JPG

2.JPG

Then replace it with a string constant.

3.JPG

4.JPG

I normally just start with an empty array constant and place whatever constant type I need it to be inside

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 2 of 4
(2,718 Views)

excellent!!

thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,716 Views)

Hi!

You could try:

Righ click on the box containing the double number (not the entire array), then replace, then string, then string constant.

click.png

image.png

Regards!

Message 4 of 4
(2,706 Views)