LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change number of pulses daqmx

Hi, I'm trying to control a servo-motor using labview, an E-series device and an omron driver. The driver will rotate the motor a certain number of degrees, proportional to the number of pulses sent by the card. I am able to successfully change the pulse frequency, but unable to do the same for the number of pulses, while the program is running.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance,

JAlmeida

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,244 Views)

JAImeida,

I think we need a little more info on your program. Seems like you are wanting to change the number of pulses and frequency while your program is generating. Is there any handshaking between the omron driver and E-series device that you need? Maybe a start trigger or anything? Or do you just want your program to consistently send out a number of pulses at a certain frequency until you change it?

There is a good example on the NI Community for Generate Finite Digital Pulse Train that you might have already looked at. That's a good start, but if you can provide some further details on how you want your program to behave I can help more. Thanks!

On another note, just so you're aware, there is a NI message board for Multifunction DAQ for future hardware questions. There are more hardware people over there who would see your hardware posts.

Aaron W.
National Instruments
CLA, CTA and CPI
Message 2 of 3
(2,236 Views)

Thanks for answering.

I'm trying to control the position of the motor and for thatI have implemented a control algorith that changes the speed of the motor according to the difference between the reference position and the motor position. This happens dynamically as the vi is running. However, this form of control isn't the best, and the motor would respond better if i could send the reference position directly to the driver, as a finite pulse train.

Basically, I need to send successive finite pulse trains to the driver, according to the number of degrees it has to rotate to follow the reference position.

Here's the vi, if you want to see it.

Thanks you,

JAlmeida

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,207 Views)