From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change LabVIEW language

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I need to change the language of my LabVIEW 2010 from French to English. How can I do that without loosing all the drivers and settings I set up using the French version?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(14,851 Views)

This has been asked before. Did you try a search? You cannot simply "switch" the language. You have to uninstall the French version and install the English version. The same would apply to the drivers. As for settings, LabVIEW settings are saved in the labview.ini file in the same directory as the LabVIEW application. As for the drivers, I don't know what setttings you are referring to. You can export a MAX configuration and the reimport it. The MAX documentation tells you how to do this.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(14,845 Views)

The problem is, that I do not really know, what has been installed before and therefore I do not know what I would need to save.

As far as I understood, the labview settings will not be lost while reinstalling. Same alpplies to the MAX settings, if I export them end then reimport them.

What else can I do to prevent data loss while reinstallation?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(14,836 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yaro
The license manager will tell you what toolkits are there and MAX will tell you what drivers are installed.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(14,823 Views)

...and you can copy the LabVIEW.ini file to save the settings you have in LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(14,805 Views)

What is your end goal? If you're planning on making a LabVIEW application in different languages, you may want to take a look at S.E.A.'s Localization Toolkit.

Will
CLA, CLED, CTD, CPI
LabVIEW Champion
Choose Movement Consulting
choose-mc.com
Message 6 of 8
(14,777 Views)

My goal is to use (and also to read and understand) some applications written with LabVIEW on a French PC. It even would be sufficient, if I could change the language of the context help.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(14,766 Views)

It should also be noted that sometimes different languages appear - due to the System Local.

In this case make sure that the desired "Region and Language" has been set in Windows -> Control Panel.

In my case, I installed the English version of LabVIEW on a German PC with all NI products displaying messages in German (with decimal commas etc.), once I changed the OS language every thing was fine.

Message 8 of 8
(13,120 Views)