From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

centered run-time position not working

Solved!
Go to solution

My app calls numerous sub-vi's that message the user, require input/output from the user, take the user to different functions, yada yada. All are set with run-time position centered. Some, but not all, simply will not run in the center and appear up and to the left of center. What did I miss? Thanks in advance.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,744 Views)

Open the application builder and double check Source File Settings >> Customize VI Properties. Sometimes (I think this is a LV bug), it is necessary to enable/disable the checkbox on the left of Window run-time position in order to really update the selected position.

23610iA13279CB63F2847B

Very often, after closing/reopening the VI Properties dialog box for a VI, the position was reset back to Unchanged even though I set it to Centered. I'm now used to enable/disable the checkbox after setting the position... and the problem disappeared !

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,729 Views)

That didn't work either. This is annoying. And it looks REALLY REALLY BAD. Stupid software can keep all FP's centered ... except for one. Smiley Indifferent

PaulG.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,717 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PaulG.

Hello,

If you are having trouble getting things to work either through the Applicatin Builder VI Properties or through the VI's own VI Properties, you can explicitly call the Front Panel Center method at the initialization state of your code. This is documented here: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361G-01/lvprop/vi_fp_run_time_poscntred/

-Zach

Message 4 of 5
(2,682 Views)

I had a DOH! moment over the weekend and remembered I could do this. I can't believe I had forgotten about this method.

PaulG.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,670 Views)