LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

center popups

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there a way to center a LV popup??  If I run the vi that has a popup message in it it'll appear in the upper right hand corner of the screen every time.  Can't you center the message?

Also, if I put menu buttons or a string ( as a control to display a message say) on my front panel how do I get that to appear in the center of my vi??  If I close the vi w the buttons or string control off screen when the vi is run the buttons/string control are off screen where I "left" them.

Thanks..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,951 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Clint_Eastwood1000

If that "popup" is your own dialog type VI, got to the VI properties and set the run time position to centered.

Message 2 of 8
(3,944 Views)

VI Properties>> Windows run time position Allows you to select several options that will be saved with the vi.

You can also set the runtime position property when you run the vi if you want to open it in a position relative to wherever the main vi panel is just get your  main panel coordinates do a bit of math and set the position property.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 3 of 8
(3,940 Views)

Jeff,

This solution worked as well but I was only able to mark one...the 1st one.

Thanks..Clint

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,894 Views)

altenbach,

You had answered my post about a popup I created back in 2014.  What about the "Two Button Dialog " popup that come w Labview?  Is there a way to center those??  Right now it appears in the lower right all the time.  I searched Discussion Forums and KB w/o any luck

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,717 Views)

Mark,

The Two Button Dialog box should appear in the center of the VI that calls it. The only way to choose where it appears is to place it in a seperate VI and then call that VI by reference as explained in this KB:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/DDFA52A1CD6812A6862574B9006C1FF7

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,690 Views)

So if the two button dialog doesn't center any reason, you know of, why?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,684 Views)

The dialog VIs will center the popup on the active LabVIEW window. If you click on the block diagram and hit Run, it will center on the block diagram window. If you have the front panel selected, it will center on the front panel window. If you open a whole new VI, add a delay before the popup on the first VI, click Run, and then click on the new VI, it will center on the new VI.

If you are not seeing this behavior, share your code.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,678 Views)