LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

center custom boolean text

Hey everybody, just a quick cosmetic question.  I have a customized OK button that has two lines of text when false, and only one line of text when true.  I'd like to center the one line of text vertically on the button, but it seems like it has to stay on the same text lineup as the false case.  Is there a quick way to do this?  If I have to get into custom picture controls and stuff, I can ignore the problem.  It's purely cosmetic preference.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,799 Views)
The only way I know is with indicators and visibility properties.
Jim

LV 2020
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,793 Views)

You might be able to use an event structure and property nodes to make those chage when you change the value of the boolean...

OR an XControl instead of standard boolean with the logic to the transition in the Control itself...

Use the rating system, otherwise its useless; and please don't forget to tip your waiters!
using LV 2010 SP 1, Windows 7

How about adding a CR before and after the text?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 4 of 6
(2,787 Views)
Now there's an idea
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,762 Views)

Hi all,

I came across the same problem and want to  describe it a bit more precisely. When I change the boolean text in the value change event of this button, I notice this unwanted behaviour. But when I set the Bool- text in another frame of the event structure, all works fine. It is the same, if I unset the "Lock Front Panel..." checkmark in the event- structure dialog. For better understanding I attached a example- VI.

Another point is illustrated in the VI as well, whenever I add a "Panel Close?"- filter event, the terminal "Discard" is always shrinked. This seems to be a bug too.See picture below:

Btw. I use Lv 8.6.1.

Greets, Dave

P.S. I "solved" the problem by using the "Strings[4]"- Property, there this problem doesn't occur.
Message Edited by daveTW on 06-05-2009 01:49 PM
Greets, Dave
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,600 Views)