cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

case structure

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey 

Im having some issues with my case structure. I need it to do one type of calculation if a value is 0 and another if the value is above 0 (below zero isnt possible as it is for humidity control).

Added are the two cases i've made.

The error message i get is "Case structure 'case structure': selector values are not unique. The details are: A selector value is used by more than one case.  It may be in the middle of a range in one of the cases.

Might seem a bit silly but its been a while since ive used the program so any help would be appreciated.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,400 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tinglev

Hi Tinglev,

that's an easy one:

You have two ranges defined: "..0" and "0..". Those ranges are inclusive of limit values so you will have the value "0" in both cases! That's why you get a "not unique" error message!

Hints:

- Don't use floating point numbers for case selector input, they get rounded to integers as can be seen by the red dot. It will bite you in the ass sometimes...

- In your case a simple ">0" comparison before the case structure will do what you need...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 6
(2,383 Views)

I'm with GerdW.  You should just use the >0 function for you case selector.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 6
(2,376 Views)

You can't assign the same variable status to different selection.

in two png i can see the 0 value in both cases.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,375 Views)

Thanks for the help that solved my problem. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,368 Views)

All you probably need to do is remove the "..0" from the default case and only leave the word "default" in it. 🙂

This scenario is exacly one of the reasons why I was proposing this idea. Please vote for it if you agree. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,363 Views)