From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

case structure question

Solved!
Go to solution

say i have 3 case structures one within another.. say i want to create a new case structure over all these exisiting case structures. so you have true and it shows each of the case structures etc. when you go to false, all them existing ones within now disappear.

my question is there anyway, that say when you switch to false, the exisiting structures show up, like under the default true

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,959 Views)

I am not sure if i understand your question.

My understanding is that you have elements (e.g. nested case structures) in a specific case of your outermost case structure. Your request is to make these elements visible in other cases of your outermost case structure as well.

Why should i do so? How should the nested structures be marked as such that the developer understands that they are NOT part of the currently visible case?

Do you want to see the COMPLETE content of EACH case at any time?

If you walk through above questions, i hope you understand that this is not going to happen. Case structures are currently already "difficult" as you only see a small excerp of the complete code. But adding all code into some weird display would make confusion even more severe. Just think of a case structure covering almost a complete monitor resolution and about 50 different cases........ that would be blank horror to review.

Maybe you can create a small example on how you think this should look like....

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,956 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pjh-10

R-click and Duplicate the True structure, remove the extra False.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,935 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pjh-10

If you want the existing Case structures in both cases of the new structure, delete the False case and duplicate the True:

case1.png

If you just want the existing stuff in the False case, select "Make This Case False".

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,931 Views)

yeah thats it

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,891 Views)