LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

case structure examples

hello

i was wondering if anyone can direct me to some easy examples for case structures 

i have gone through the theory of structures in LABVIEW FOR EVERYONE still i need some examples to get the concept of the structure spot on.

i shall appreciate if i can get some examples for the select function as well

thanks in advance

jalashwa

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,937 Views)

What part of them are you not understanding?  It is a little too wide open to say "I want examples of case structures."  Is there an aspect of them you need to better understand?  That would be better for all of us if we had a more narrowed subject matter.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 10
(2,934 Views)

Have you searched the NI Examples that come with LabView?  There are examples there as well as many examples that have been posted on this forum.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,933 Views)

In LV Examples you have "Simple case Structure" example under fundamentals. Are you trying to understand different way of using a case structure or just to understand a basic use for case structure?

What is that Select function you mentioned? If you cna explain it would be good.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,922 Views)

doesnt "LABVIEW FOR EVERYONE" come with a CD? look in chapter 13 folder, there's a couple of architectures there (ie,State Machine,Event Structure Data,Queued Message Handler). 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,919 Views)

Hi,

Look the attached.

Best Regards,

Luis A. Mata C.
Ing. Electrónico
Whatsapp: +58-414-1985579
BBM Pin: 2B83E99A
Message 6 of 10
(2,918 Views)

Be sure to have Context Help turned on. For example, if you drop a Select function on the block diagram and move your mouse over it, you will see a brief description of it in the window. Click on the Detailed Help and you will get more. In the Detailed Help, is a good example of how many different ways you can use the Select. That example even includes one way to use a Case statement.

Message 7 of 10
(2,916 Views)
i was thinking about various possibilities where i can use a care structure. I know the basic function of a case structure but wish to know more about its area of application
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,896 Views)

@Jalashwa wrote:
i was thinking about various possibilities where i can use a care structure. I know the basic function of a case structure but wish to know more about its area of application

I think the better question is where is it NOT used.  State machines are probably the most known.  The other really popular case is the Action Engine.  But the case structure is such a fundamental function you can't really reduce it to a single (or few) area(s) of application.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,878 Views)

@Jalashwa wrote:

Do you have any programming experience?  LV is often easier for programmers to grasp because a lot of the methodology used in LV has the same functionality in text-based programming.  The case structure is such a "case."  But if not, you will have to work harder to grasp the concepts of LV, but start with the basics.  And this is a very basic question and something that should be able to be answered easily with a little research and examples.  I use case structures all the time for various different functions.  I use them mostly in functional globals (action engines minus the steriods) and state machines.  In fact, I probably use this structure more than any other.  The cases will be executed depending on the state of your selector terminal.  Have you read the context help or looked at any examples?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,871 Views)