LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cascade control simulation

Dear Sirs

I am interested in developing a cascade control simulation in LabVIEW 8.2  using LabVIEW Simulation Module. I have developed a program that I have sent you. Do you tell me if the program is good implemented?. How I should tune the primary and secundary loops?(I don`t know how should be the conections in order to tune each loop). Excercises could be great!.

Adittional data

Process transfer function is determinated usig Step Test

Controller parameters are obteined using Ziegler Nichols Method

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,703 Views)

Dear Friends

Please, is very urgent my requiriment. Is a proyect of my work. Help me guys

Best Regards

Pablo

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,672 Views)

Hi Yambito,

I attached here a LabView example where is implemented a Cascade PID, it use more simple PID functions (It is a LV 8.6 example that I saved for 8.2).

I Believe that Ziegler-Nichols method is used for only for tune simple PID Controllers. For Cascade controls you can use zeros and poles technics. Another suggestion is you save the output data and compare it changing the PID values manually.

Best Regards,

Message Edited by Osvaldo Santos on 12-26-2008 04:42 PM
Osvaldo Santos
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,640 Views)

Dear Osvaldo

Thank you for your reply so I cannot open the program because I have LabVIEW 8.2 full development system and your program is developed in LabVIEW 8.6. Could you send me the front panel and the block diagram of the program in jpg files if you cannot give me the program in LabVIEW 8.2?. Could you send me a book or a link about tunning cascade loops using zeros and poles as you tell me in this forum?

Thank you again for your attention to my problem

Best regards

Pablo

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,626 Views)

Hi Pablo,

I'm sorry for attached 8.6. Follow attached the VI saved for version 8.2, and about reference  Control Systems Engineering, by Norman S. Nise Cap. 9. Another interesting reference, but I think it is not exactly  you are finding is Modern Control Engineering, by Katsuhiko Ogata Section 10.5.

Happy new year!

Regards,

Message Edited by Osvaldo Santos on 12-29-2008 09:48 AM
Osvaldo Santos
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,585 Views)

Hi Osvaldo

Thank you for your interest in my problem, it helps me a lot. If you can Do you send me the Control System Engineering book from Norman Nise, that you sugest me?

Happy new year to you too!!

Best Regards

Pablo

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,556 Views)

Hi Pablo,

I'm sorry, but I have these books physically, not in eletronic media. So I can't send it for you. These books are very popular I believe that you can found it easily.

Best Regards,

Osvaldo Santos
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,548 Views)