LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot view RT system in browser

Related to this RT problem. I cannot get my RT system to work. Everything is identical to a known-good working system I finished a month ago. Same hardware, SW (2011) (2011RT) etc. Identical hardware in identical slots in the chassis. I can see the hardware in NI MAX. I cannot access the RT system with the browser. I cannot create NI-DAQmx tasks, channels or scales even though NI-DAQmx software is installed on the RT system. This isn't fun anymore, guys. Smiley Sad Thanks in advance. 

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,977 Views)

Might have made sense to keep this in the same thread.

Starting with the obvious: if the systems are actually identical, you didn't assign them both the same IP address and them put them on the same network, right?  That will cause problems.  Or, alternatively, check that you didn't assign one of them an IP address that's in use elsewhere on your network.

Have you created an image of the working system and then loaded that onto the non-working one?  My apologies if you're already aware of all this.  In MAX, under the Tools menu there's an option to Create Desktop PC Utility USB Drive, which will format a USB drive and put some RT tools onto it.  You can boot an RT system using that drive.  One of the tools that it contains lets you make an image of an existing system, which you can then instal on the non-working system using that same USB drive.  (Of course, related to the above comment, this will give them both the same IP address, so make sure you only have one on your network when you reboot; you should then be able to use MAX to assign it a different address.)

Are you using the same development system to connect to both of the RT systems?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,971 Views)

Try the following:

1.) Completely disable the firewall settings and redetect.

2.) Could also be a driver compatibility issue (are the drivers the same version on the PC and RT?)

3.) Do you have the latest driver intalled for NI-DAQmx?

4.) What kind of system is the RT (cRIO, desktop, PXI)? You might need to reformat the LabVIEW RT system.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,960 Views)