LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot replace current control with composite control

I am somewhat new to labview but know I have done this before.  I am trying to replace a numeric result (+ or - distance measure) with a graph.  The numeric results work perfectly showing a position variation.  I would like to replace it with a graph to show graphically (obviously) the variation nof the x position of the component.  In this application i keep getting the error "cannot replace the current control with a composite control".  I have attached a screen shot with the error displayed.

Thanks,

JJRGT

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,293 Views)
The "composite control" that you are trying to replace it with is the Express XY Graph. You cannot do this. You need to select the XY Graph control to the left of it. You will obviously need to rewire it, as the way data is supplied to an XY graph is different than a waveform chart (which it appears is what you actually have, not a waveform graph).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,271 Views)

Thanks for the help.  But, when I replace it with the XY Graph to the left I get the error shown in the attachment.  I have tried different things but my inexperience puts me at a dead end as to how to rewire it to correct the problem.  Everything I try has failed.  Will the Waveform chart work?  At least it doesn't show an error.

THANKS AGAIN!

JJRGT

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,260 Views)

As I noted in my response, the way you feed data to an XY graph is different than the way you feed data to a waveform chart or waveform graph.

If you're plotting a single number why are you trying to use an XY graph?

Message Edited by smercurio_fc on 12-08-2008 09:38 AM
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,231 Views)